Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Family Taonga




My Family Taonga

These are my great great grandfathers guns. They have been passed down over the generations from son to son to grandson. When I am eighteen I will get a license and will be able to shot them. I can't wait. My dad and I went duck shooting with the guns last duck shooting. season It was awesome. We have been clay bird shooting with one of them before too. There are three shotguns and one twenty two. Hope I don’t have to share it with my sister.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you needed a licence to shot a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real special family treasure, Henry. Thank you for sharing it!

    I really like how you wrote about it. The reader can understand how special it is because of the clear content and the well chosen words in your writing. I've got a feeling Georgia will want to share in the Taonga though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a great collection of guns, Henry. I've never seen all of those at your place; they must be safely locked away. I think your teacher might be right though, you probably will have to share the Taonga with Georgie, at some stage!

    This is a great blog! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Henry. Aren't nyou lucky to have such a great Dad that will take you duck shooting and to teach you the safety rules. Not long and it will be duck shooting again.

    ReplyDelete